Why take professional graduation portraits?
Graduation is an amazing lifetime achievement for you and your family. You’ve worked so hard the past few years taking classes, pulling all-nighters, participating in your clubs and sports, and making new friends. You deserve to commemorate this huge accomplishment with the perfect graduation portraits.
In addition to those, here are some other benefits of taking graduation portraits:
- Commemorate your major milestone.
- Get a jumpstart on your career with a professional headshot.
- Use your photos on graduation invites, gifts, apparel, and more.
This all sounds great! How much does this investment cost?
Below are the graduation package and add-ons that are available:
Graduation Package (Great Value!): $349
- Highly recommended for groups and individuals wanting to spend more time taking photos.
- Price is good for up to five (5) graduates. See below for the cost for additional graduates.
- Two hour outdoor shoot.
- ALL the high-resolution, digital copies of the photos we take during the shoot with standard edits (i.e. lighting, color, etc.).
- Further retouching for the top 30 photos.
- Shoot locations must be within 30 miles from Pasadena, CA.
- Makeup done by a makeup artist: $50/person
- Additional time (pre-purchased): $100/hour
- Additional people: $50/person
- Add 10 more retouched photos: $40
- Transportation fees if shoot location is more than 30 miles from Pasadena, CA:
- 30-49.9 miles: $100
- 50-79.9 miles: $160
- 80+ miles: Contact Jordan to discuss.
- I require a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure your spot, with the remainder due one week prior to the date of the shoot.
- Photo shoot duration starts at the scheduled start time and includes location wait times and travel time between spots.
- If the photography session goes beyond the scheduled time, the Client will be charged an additional $100/hour rounded up to the next hour.
- If the session is cancelled within one week of the event start time, the Client will be responsible for paying the remaining balance by the originally scheduled date.
Contact us HERE to request a quote and book your session!
What are some tips to prepare for my graduation portraits?
- Schedule to have your shoot at least two months before graduation. On top of securing a time on my schedule (which fills up fast), having your session early will give you adequate time to obtain props and outfits and spend less time waiting at the favorite spots around campus! It’s like Disneyland lines sometimes, no joke.
- Try on all your outfits and layout all your props three (3) days ahead of the shoot to ensure nothing is missing. Running to the store last minute can add unnecessary stress!
- IMPORTANT: Iron your clothes and graduation stoles to eliminate any wrinkles. There are some pretty harsh creases on the stoles out of the bag.
- Bring a snack/drink in case you get hungry or thirsty.
- Wear sunscreen if you burn easily since we'll be outdoors.
- Hand towels are great for wiping off champagne/glitter, fixing makeup, or dabbing sweat.
- Props are great for photos and make them unique! Examples of classic grad props are: champagne, confetti, balloons, stuffed animals, chalkboard with writing, flowers/flower petals, cap with tassel, class ring, and a diploma holder.
- If your heels or dress shoes are uncomfortable to walk in, bring a pair of comfortable shoes/flip flops to walk to the various locations.
- Make sure to bring your cap, gown, and tassel if you want to be photographed in them.
- If possible, bring a friend or assistant with you on the day-of to help with wardrobe, setup, and other miscellaneous items. It never hurts to have another set of eyes and hands.
Want to schedule a graduation portrait session? Contact us HERE!