Why take professional headshots?
First impressions matter. On average, it takes someone about seven seconds to completely judge you on your qualities. Today, more than ever, these encounters happen online with your social media profiles rather than in-person.
Professional headshots are important because they put a face to the name. When you don’t have the opportunity to meet someone in person, you’ll most likely look at his or her profile picture on their social media site (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.). Without a professional headshot, people might not take you as seriously. For instance, Jim and Greg are identical twins competing for a corporate engineering position. They both have similar education backgrounds and engineering work experience; however, the only difference between them was that Jim had a professional headshot taken in a suit and tie from three months ago as his LinkedIn profile picture, and Greg had a cell phone picture of him from five years ago sleeping at the beach in a t-shirt and shorts. Most likely, the recruiter would choose Jim because his profile picture is professional and current.
The goal is to know your audience, keep it simple and classy, and prevent as many negative impressions as possible.
What are some of the benefits of having professional headshots?
There are many benefits of having professional headshots. Here are the top reasons you should take them:
- Saves time
- Helps you stand out from the rest
- Makes you more memorable
- Spreads your personal brand
- Creates trustworthiness and authenticity
- Smart investment in your future
Why is it important to update my headshots?
You might be saying, “I’ve already taken headshots a year ago. Why would I need a new one?” People want to work with the you from today, not the you from a year ago. This is another way to build trust with your potential clients. I recommend my clients update their headshots every 6 to 12 months.
This all sounds great! How much does this investment cost?
I provide personalized proposals catered to your needs and locations, but to give you a baseline:
- A 2-hour session starts at $699 (best value!).
- A 1-hour session starts at $499.
- Both packages come with ALL the high-resolution digital copies of the photos we take during the shoot with standard edits (i.e. lighting, color, etc.) and a limited amount of images to further retouch.
- I require a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure your spot, with the remainder due one week prior to the date of the shoot.
- If the photography session goes beyond the scheduled time, the Client will be charged an additional $200/hour rounded up to the next hour.
- If the session is cancelled within one week of the event start time, the Client will be responsible for paying the remaining balance by the originally scheduled date.
Contact us HERE to request a quote and book your session!
What are some tips to prepare for my headshot session?
- Book your shoot at least 2-3 months in advance. On top of securing a time on my schedule (which fills up fast), booking early will give you adequate time to plan, obtain props and outfits, reserve a venue if necessary, and brainstorm.
- Bring a friend or assistant with you on the day-of to help with wardrobe, setup, and other miscellaneous items. It never hurts to have another set of eyes and hands.
- Try on all your outfits and layout all your props three (3) days ahead of the shoot to ensure nothing is missing. Running to the store last minute can add unnecessary stress!
- Iron your clothes to eliminate any wrinkles.
- Bring a snack/meal and drink in case you get hungry or thirsty.
- If the photo shoot is at your house, remember to clean and organize the area(s) we will shoot so you don’t have to do it on the day-of.
- If we will be outdoors and you get sunburned easily, don’t forget to wear sunscreen.
- Hand towels are a must-have accessory, especially when it’s hot outside.
Want to schedule a headshot session? Contact us HERE!