PERSONAL BRAND PHOTOGRAPHY
What is personal brand photography?
Your personal brand defines who you are, both online and offline, to potential customers and clients.
Think of some big companies: Apple, Tiffany & Co., and Starbucks. Each of these have a strong brand presence: we can picture the Apple Store with its hundreds of Apple products spread across wooden tables, those iconic blue Tiffany’s boxes with white bows, and the consistency in service and ambiance throughout all the Starbucks coffee shops.
Personal brand photography provides you with a set of photos that captures your brand’s story and conveys it in a meaningful way to your future customers and potential clients.
Why should I take personal brand photos, and how can it grow my business?
- Save Time: Every personal brand session produces about 2-3 months (i.e. one business quarter) worth of social media content! Let’s do the math. If you spend 30 minutes each day taking a photo, drafting a caption, and posting it to your company’s Instagram page, you would spend 45 hours per quarter doing it! Imagine what you could do with a whole extra workweek!
- Professional Quality: When you hire a professional photographer who has years of experience in the industry, you will receive the best quality photographs. Even though the newest camera phones have the technology to take good pictures, it won’t do any good if there’s an untrained eye behind the camera.
- You Get ALL the Photos: We say BYEEE to the days when a photographer only gave the client a set number of photos. At Jordan Ferrer Photography, you'll receive ALL the digital copies of the photos we take with standard edits (i.e. lighting, color, etc.).
- Build Trust and Integrity: When you are transparent with potential clients and future customers about who you are and how you work, it is easier for you to gain their trust.
Who benefits from personal brand photos?
Anyone that wants to promote and market themselves can benefit from personal brand photos. This includes entrepreneurs, business owners, social media managers, and influencers.
Why is it important to update my personal brand?
You might be saying, “I’ve already got personal brand photos and a headshot from a year ago. Why would I need a new one?” People want to work with the you from today, not the you from a year ago. This is another way to build trust with your potential clients. It’s important to update your personal brand photos and headshot every 6 to 12 months.
This all sounds great! How much does this investment cost?
My prices are competitive in the area. Since I provide you with a personalized proposal catered to your needs, I don't post exact prices, but to give you a baseline:
- A full day (8 hours) starts at $1,499. We highly recommend this package!
- A half day (4 hours) starts at $999.
- I require a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure your spot, with the remainder due one week prior to the date of the shoot.
- If the photography session goes beyond the scheduled time, the Client will be charged an additional $200/hour rounded up to the next hour.
- If the session is cancelled within one week of the event start time, the Client will be responsible for paying the remaining balance by the originally scheduled date.
Contact us HERE to request a quote and book your session!
What goes on before, during, and after the session?
Before the Shoot
- The success of the shoot is 97% dependent on the amount of work done in the planning stage. We start off with an initial consultation meeting where I get to know you and your brand better and what your vision is for the shoot.
- After the meeting, I’ll send you a detailed questionnaire for you to fill out. We will use this questionnaire as the agenda for our in-depth brand strategy meeting.
- During the in-depth brand strategy meeting, we’ll go over everything about the shoot, including the types of stories you want to tell, your shot list and mood board, outfits for each story, and where you plan on using the photos.
During the Shoot
- We’re going to have an amazing, efficient, and most-of-all FUN day of shooting! We’ll first review the schedule for the day so that we’re all on the same page.
- After that, we’ll setup and shoot the various stories, look over the pictures as we go, and then prepare the next story until we finish.
- I’ll bring my portable speaker too so we can blast your favorite music!
After the Shoot
- Now, you can relax! It takes me about 3-4 weeks for me to go through the photos and make my standard edits (i.e. lighting, color, etc.).
- You’ll receive all the digital copies of the photos we take, and they’ll be uploaded to your private client gallery on my website.
- If the package you choose includes further retouching of the photos, you’ll send me the list of photos along with how you want me to edit it.
- After that, I’ll give you a commercial use license so you can post the photos however and wherever you want!
Do you have any tips on how to prepare for my personal brand shoot?
- Book your shoot at least 2-3 months in advance. On top of securing a time on my schedule (which fills up fast), booking early will give you adequate time to plan, obtain props and outfits, reserve a venue if necessary, and brainstorm.
- The key to success with personal brand photos is prep work. The more time you invest brainstorming the stories you want to tell, preparing your shot list, and identifying where you’ll use these photos, the better the end product will be. The day-of will also go by a lot smoother if you know exactly what you want.
- Bring a friend or assistant with you on the day-of to help with wardrobe, setup, and other miscellaneous items. It never hurts to have another set of eyes and hands.
- Try on all your outfits and layout all your props three (3) days ahead of the shoot to ensure nothing is missing. Running to the store last minute can add unnecessary stress!
- Iron your clothes to eliminate any wrinkles.
- Bring a snack/meal and drink in case you get hungry or thirsty.
- If the photo shoot is at your house, remember to clean and organize the area(s) we will shoot so you don’t have to do it on the day-of.
- If we will be outdoors and you get sunburned easily, don’t forget to wear sunscreen.
- Hand towels are a must-have accessory, especially when it’s hot outside.
Want to schedule a personal brand shoot? Contact us HERE!